Tuesday, April 7, 2015

HW Batman Dark Knight 3-pack


I found this 3-pack for three bucks last month at Big Lots- I believe it's from 2012. Batman is probably my all-time favorite comic book hero, and I got into collecting Hot Wheels last year while searching for The Batman Batmobile. I already had a few Batmobiles, so it was a natural progression into the hobby. While the Tumbler isn't my favorite version of the famous car, the Christopher Nolan movies did add realism to Batman's gadgetry. Keaton was my Batman, and I liked his car better, but this little 3-pack has enough going for it... the Joker Bone Shaker alone was worth the price of admission...



The Bone Shaker with it's retro graphics don't really fit with the realistic/movie theme of the Fusion cop car and Tumbler, but it's definitely the most exciting. The stock Bone Shaker skull has been replaced by a custom "Joker" face on the nose-  so great!




The Joker Bone Shaker has a similar color presentation to my purple Screamliner...


The Joker Bone Shaker with a couple of my HW 2014 mainline Bone Shakers...



I recently passed on the camouflage version of this Tumbler, and recently picked up the much cooler Batman Arkham Knight Batmobile, but it's okay. The small wheels and plain deco/flat finish leave me somewhat underwhelmed. It could be that Mattel completely disregarded the vehicle's design, though it's better in person ...




The Tumbler with some of my other Batmobiles...


I don't know if the Ford Fusion was actually used in the movie for the Gotham City Police cars, but it's a decent enough cop car, if slightly plain...




...I prefer the HWPD Dodge Charger Drift cars...


...Batman and Lt. Gordon better floor it or the Joker will get away!

Make It FAST- Make It FUN!

1 comment: