Monday, September 29, 2014

HW 2014 Screamliner


I ended up with every variant finish of the new 2014 Screamliner by the end of summer. Designed by Larry Wood, this Hot Wheels fantasy car draws a great deal of inspiration from the luxurious & powerful automobiles of the '30s like the Alfa Romeo, Delage, and Talbot Lago. While I wasn't wild about the initial amazon green and mauve paint treatment, I did appreciate the retro-futuristic styling of the Screamliner, and glad to see the latest black version with gold trim, grill, and V-12 engine...



The wheels can barely be seen between the vac-metal trim and low riding wheel wells on this casting, and I can't help but be reminded of the Batmobile or Darth Vader looking at the black Screamliner, with it's twin-paned red windshields like two evil eyes. Rad! I could also see Mattel releasing the Screamliner in dark red or plum, perhaps even blue...



Make It FAST- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment