Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Hot Wheels Series 1 Mystery Models


Feeling slightly deflated by the first haul of these, I decided to try some more Mystery Models in hopes of finding more I liked. This group appears to be what was the first 2013 batch from Hot Wheels, and because I'm unsure of what all is out there, I was driving blindfolded somewhat. The red '06 Dodge Viper SRT-10 is the cherry in this group, with it's great color and modern, realistic proportions. The headlight tampos are kinda plain, but the tiny Dodge logo and racing stripe tampos are nicely applied...




I should say this '66 Chevy Nova is actually on par with the aforementioned Viper- it's an exceedingly cool, vintage sculpt. I like castings with the undercarriage extended through the grill & headlights, and carried through the rear- this one is vac metal plastic, but it still looks great...



While the graphics on the Nova are a little more salmon than pink, the overall color scheme of it makes a great pairing with the Mystery Model T-Bird I just picked up... sweet...



The CCM Country Club Muscle has a plastic body, which is unfortunately accentuated by this particular shade of green, but the blue windows and pop art star on the hood help give the color scheme some personality. It's my least favorite of this group for certain, but I do like the fantasy muscle car body styling and '70s vibe...




I was at first unsure if I liked the Slikt Back, but it grew on me. Like the Screamliner, it's retro-futurist body styling has a certain whimsical appeal that may not appeal to adult collectors. It's chrome interior through the clear yellow windows really pops against the flat gray body...



The Slikt Back's elongated, retro styling  reminds me of both the Screamliner and the Batmobile, the latter of which shares it's flat paint scheme.  For that matter, it's perhaps even more like the recent "Hardnoze" '89 Batmobile I picked up more recently...



Of course each Mystery Model comes with a decal, which I've started applying to my Hot Wheels car case. I this group of Mystery Models more overall that the Series 2 I reviewed, so I may try some more of these in the future...


Make It FAST- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment