Thursday, October 16, 2014

HW 2012 Scorcher, Synkro & Asphalt Assault


These are from the eBay haul I posted on Oct. 6th: the HW 2012 Scorcher, Synkro & Asphalt Assault. I'd been on the lookout for another Scorcher, but was also seriously interested in several other castings, including the Asphalt Assault... 



I am mad for this little car! I'd more recently picked up the Mystery Model Series Asphalt Assault that is in the reverse color scheme from this teal-blue 2012 model- what a pair! The car debuted in 2004, and I'm definitely interested in finding more. I love the V-10 showing through the vented hood though this Mitsubishi-inspired casting...



I wasn't looking for this drab green Scorcher, but thought I'd take a chance and am glad I did- the dark red & black graphics look great against the base color, and gun metal interior compliments the military color scheme...



The dark gray undercarriage doesn't show much on this car, but looks better than the white base on my orange 3-pack Scorcher. I'd like to find a couple more and will be on the hunt...


I can't recall what possessed me to pick up this Synkro, but the vac-metal interior and clear red body sure have a lot of eye-appeal. The car debuted as an AcceleRacer in 2006, was a Track Star model, then a Thrill Racer by the time of this 2012 release. The small chrome details in the tail pipes and hood appointments are nice...



I'm not certain when these clear bodied cars were released under the X-Raycers banner, though I do have several recent models from that line, including an orange Nerve Hammer and blue Hi-Tech Missile...

Make It FAST- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment