Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Hot Wheels 3-pks!


Picked up a couple HW 3-pks, which can be a mixed bag- especially at the oddly more expensive price point of $3.88 for what are otherwise three, regular ol' dollar cars. That said, some of the cars in these interested me enough to take a chance, so here we are....


The first pack contained a '99 Mustang, a Porsche Cayman S, and what's designated as a '63 Corvette Stingray on the undercarriage- the latter of which interested me most. This red Corvette has an exaggerated features that appeal to me, including large rear wheels- I've yet to identify it on the internet. It looks nothing like a Stingray of that vintage, but I like it nonetheless...




In spite of a little paint slop, I like this yellow '99 Mustang more than expected- I think the red interior contributes to it's overall appeal...



I'll admit, that I'm not the world's biggest Porsche fan, and though I like the blue paint on this Cayman S, the scratched left headlight tampo kinda killed it for me...




The second 3-pk favors a little better in my opinion, featuring a '12 Corvette Z06, a burnt orange Scorcher, and a Maverick Grabber- the reason I picked it up...


I like Corvettes in general, and while yellow isn't my preferred color on this car, the grey racing stripes & interior are nice. The headlight tampos are very cool as well, and I like the red rims- cool car!



As I said, the Maverick Grabber in this 3-pk caught my eye, and I'm pretty happy with it. The green sparkle paint gives it an appropriate '70's vibe I dig, and 5 spoke mags. This realistic casting has a 2009 date underneath...



Last but not least, this ferocious looking Scorcher turned out to be my favorite! The vac-metal interior is tinted gold by the yellow windows, matching the snappy PR5 rims. Based on a Nissan concept car, this casting first appeared in 2010, and was designated a "Track Star" by 2012. I'd like to find a couple more!


Make It FAST- Make It FUN!

1 comment: