Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Tomica Suzuki Wagon R



As I stated in my last post, there will be a not so brief takeover of the Super Fun Hot Wheels Blog by my newest diecast fascination: Tomica! We'll continue with these Suzuki Wagons, which feature metalflake paint and opening hatchbacks! Check out the nice little "S" on the grill.  The slotted wheels on this car have "suspension", like the childhood Tomica I still have a few of, released as Pocket Cars here in the U.S. during the '70s & '80s.






I love the hatchbacks on these, even if they are slightly clunky- they do stay up when opened, unlike some of the hoods on Greenlight castings. One could quibble with the painted back window, but in order to keep the cost down, it was likely necessary because of the way the hatchback was engineered. A working feature like this is rare on a Matchbox or Hot Wheels car nowadays...


As I've said, these cheap little imports have their own style and endearing features. They are made inexpensively as possible, like Matchbox and Hot Wheels, so that most everyone can afford them.  These may be easy to find in Asia, but their slight differences are appealingly exotic to my Western eyes. Fun!


Make It FAST- Make It FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment