Friday, August 5, 2016

HW 2016 Mystery Model Ford Shelby GR-1 Concept

I had to throw this Shelby GR-1 Concept on the blog that I picked up recently in a Mystery Models pillow baggie. It's a love/hate thing in that I love the casting and livery, but am not crazy about the white headlights, the tampos on which are uneven. That the body is dark blue, any imperfections in the edges of white tampos are doubly amplified. Still, the body shape and casting details are great, and the Ford tampo on it's nose is good.



I'm also mad for the colors on the 2015 K-Mart exclusive, but hate the matte white used, which easily takes scuff and doesn't showcase the details. A pearlescent or high gloss would have made this  ten times better. I have an orange version of this casting, as well as a black and green TRU exclusive version of this casting still on card that may redeem this otherwise snappy little car.



Make It FAST- Make It FUN!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cars!

    When I was a kid we used to collect matchbox and majorette cars. Those were the best ones. In my country you couldn't get hot wheels. If you were really lucky you might get a Siku toy car (the attention to detail was amazing but they were the most expensive.. and still are)

    Today I get my kid mostly matchbox and hot wheels, he loves the HW more because they're flashier but I completely dislike that all of their cars have the same hubcaps.

    Check out my article: Matchbox vs Hot Wheels vs Majorette Toy Cars. There's some cool images of some of the cars

    ReplyDelete