Tuesday, June 30, 2015

HW Entertainment Series Emergency Rapid Responder & Close Encounters F-250


I don't consider the five dollar price tag on the Hot Wheels Entertainment Series a value, but I have picked a few outstanding models of personal preference. The Emergency! Rapid Responder & Close Encounters F-250 are from my childhood in the '70s, the Responder of particular interest as I had the Hot Wheels casting as a child, or the Emergency Squad as it was named then. This appears to have the same sculpt as the Rescue Ranger as well, released first in 1986, and as recently as 2014 in the Grateful Dead deco.The vehicle in the '70s TV show was a '73-'74 Dodge, which bore little resemblance to these castings. The Close Encounters Ford doesn't appear to be screen accurate either, the grill and square headlights the most obvious difference. Still, I enjoy the solid quality of these castings, regardless of Mattel's lack of real effort.  Check out the video:


Emergency! Rapid Responder & Close Encounters F-250 with the Tommy Boy '67 Plymouth Belvedere GTX I posted on recently...

Make It FAST- Make It FUN!

1 comment: