Thursday, August 21, 2014

Matchbox Field Tripper & 3-Axle Dump Truck



It finally happened: after passing by the Matchbox cars on the way to the Hot Wheels section all summer, I picked some up! I had a few matchbox cars as a boy, a few of which were construction vehicles with the big wheels like the Matchbox Field Tripper & 3-Axle Dump Truck here. I love how the paint on the wheels corresponds with the vehicle's overall color scheme! Yes, this blog started out as a Hot Wheels blog, but there's no denying the appeal of Matchbox cars- after taking these home, I hunted down quite a few more that I'll share in forthcoming posts...
Field Tripper is a hilarious name, and the idea of a monster school bus is just appealing in general. This is a new Matchbox model for 2014, and being a school bus, I'm betting it will be popular among collectors...




Variants of this 3-axle dump truck have been released for over a decade, but this black & green version is sure dazzling to the eye! I had a Matchbox dump truck as a kid, which is still in my possession, but the six wheels on this really make it special!




..."Honey- I'm going to dump the kids off at school!"

Make It FAST- Make It FUN!

1 comment: